Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Week Nine

Not too much going down this week, although I got rather excited the night before the show as I received information that I had won a Doves prize pack from Faster Louder, including the new album, a t-shirt and badges. How cool is that?! It makes me even more joyous knowing that they are coming to Australia. Yup, the date for Melbourne is confirmed for June the 14th at the lovely Forum. Tickets on sale Friday 29th April so pencil it in.

Some awesome gigs this weekend I must say. Wolfmother have sold out both their shows at the Corner, which holds about 800 people! Well done guys, this is an amazing effort. They're playing this Thursday and Friday night, but if you haven't got a ticket I guess you can drool at the windows or something. Also, 80s sounding-electro-dance act Cut Copy are playing at the hifi Bar on Saturday night. And it's ANZAC day on Monday so Sunday night will be buzzing: come on down to Weekender at the Ding Dong Lounge!

Dig! is the new 'rockumentary' in cinema's at the moment. It is essentially about the love/hate relationship between The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre and the band's different musical visions. The Dandy's building a financially successful musical career (selling out perhaps?!) while the Brian Jonestown Massacre opting to keep their artistic credibility in tact. The film, I have heard, is really cool. It was shot in seven years and edited from 1500 hours worth of film! incredible stuff. I can't wait to head on down to have a good look at the incredibly cool, sexy Courtney Taylor-Taylor, the narrator of the film and frontman of The Dandy's.



DIG!: Dandy's VS Brian Jonestown Massacre


Thank you all for the lovely SMS's, I really appreciate the feedback guys! I'll be playing songs for Vanessa and Davo who msged in. If you want something played next week just post a comment asking me and I'll do my best to track it down and play it for you!

Playlist for Monday 18th April:

The Futureheads - Decent Days and Nights
Franz Ferdinand - Come on Home
Guided by Voices - I am a Scientist
Doves - Catch the Sun
Belle & Sebastian - I'm a Cuckoo
Velvet Underground - Stephanie Says
Cut Copy - Future
Wolfmother - Apple Tree
Gomez - Get Myself Arrested
The Libertines - Up the Bracket
Scared of Horses - December (ill at ease)
Wilco - Can't Stand It
Brian Jonestown Massacre - Maybe Tomorrow
The Dandy Warhols - Shakin'
Pilate - Melt into the Walls
Kent - Music Non Stop
The Von Bondies - C'mon C'mon
The Tea Party - Paint it Black (original by The Rolling Stones)

1 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor said...

Awesome show this week! Especially loved the Libs & Gomez.

Congrats re the Splendour lineup & the Doves! Things are jus getting better and better for you, aren't they?!

I hope to come out with you tonight (fingers crossed), otherwise it's Sunday indie agogo :)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home