Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Week Thirteen

Despite my trouble with breathing on air due to an awful cold, the show ran rather smoothly this week. I'll apologise now for my on air sniffles...it was not ideal! I aired the interview I had last year with Bluebottle Kiss frontman Jamie Hutchings which I hoped you all enjoyed! I certainly hope you listened even if you don't know the band very well, as the music is fantastic. I cannot recommend them enough, beautifully raw and intense music. It was quite an honour talking to Jamie, as you can imagine he is one of my musical idols! We chatted about his unique song writing skills (he tells these amazing fictional narratives in 'Come Across' and constructs amazing phrases), the evolution of the Bluebottle Kiss sound, Jamie's solo project and their incredibly intense, frenetic live shows. If you ever get to see them play live please do so! Not to be missed. It was also great hearing Jamie totally not care about the fact that the band have never actually broken into more mainstream avenues of music fandom, awesome attitude. It's all about artistic integrity...the guys are recording a new album in June this year.



The original Bluebottle Kiss line up


So the Bloc Party show at Melbourne's Hifi Bar on July 20th sold out in less than a day, and it looks like Interpol are heading the same way with sellouts. Ryan Adams is rumoured to play here on July 27th which I am really dark about since I bought tickets to Interpol on the 27th. Looks like I may be having to do a swap or something.... Doves have also rescheduled their Australian tour dates, with the guys now playing at the Forum on July 16th. My God, I am wetting my pants over JULY.

Once again thank you so much for the SMS's guys, I am really glad you're all enjoying the show. I would really appreciate some suggestions for cover songs, which I play at the end of every show. I am also thinking of doing a B-Side special on a show very soon so please, bring on the suggestions for that too. I know you all can't contain yourselves. Post a comment! Or Email!

Playlist for Monday May 16th:

Bluebottle Kiss - Scouthall
Rogue Wave - Endless Shovel
Bit by Bats - Neon Flux
Belle and Sebastian - The Boy with the Arab Strap
Frou Frou - Let Go
Electrelane - Bells
Kasabian - L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)
The Departure - Lump in my Throat
Bluebottle Kiss - Smother it in Honey
Bluebottle Kiss - Crawling with Ants
Bloc Party - Helicopter (Sheriff Whitey remix)
Spoon - The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine
Radio 4 - Eyes Wide Open
Idlewild - Love Steals us from Loneliness
Kings of Leon - Soft
Bluebottle Kiss - Ounce of your Cruelty
Bluebottle Kiss - Boredom you are Breaking my Heart (live)
The Mars Volta - The Widow
Young Heart Attack - Mouthful of Love
The Reindeer Section - Cartwheels
The Killers - Why Don't you Find out for Yourself (original by Morrissey)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home